It looks like we will actually have snow this year! So I've created a sledding hills resource article focusing on the in Columbus areas so that you can find the perfect place to go. I've also added outdoor ice skating locations and some cross-country skiing placesIf you know of a hill that is a hidden gem, please let me know. We'll keep adding more sites as we find them ourselves, and as you share with us too (thanks!). Enjoy the winter snow fun!
- Mad River Mountain, Bellefontaine, Skiing and tubing available
- Snow Trails, Mansfield, Skiing and tubing available
- Dublin, Scioto Park, 7377 Riverside Dr.
- Gallant Woods Preserve, Delaware
- North Orange Park, Delaware
- Alum Creek State Park, Delaware
- Highbanks Park, Lewis Center
- Glen Oak Sled Hill, Lewis Center (Picture of Hill)
- Northwest Kiwanas Park, Upper Arlington
- Sunny 95 Park, Upper Arlington
- Thompson Park, Upper Arlington
- Park Boulevard Park, Worthington (formerly known as 'Devil's Hill')
- Marysville Park
- Sharon Woods, Westerville
- Battelle Darby Creek, Galloway, also Ice Skating Pond
- Blacklick Woods, Reynoldsburg
- Blues Creek Preserve, Ostrander
'Sledding Hills' are not specifically listed on their sites but have 'word' that these are good sledding areas:
- Antrim Park, Olentangy River Rd
- Glenwood Park, W Broad St.
- Wymans Park, Grandview, Corner of Goodale & Grandview Ave
- Miller's Park, Bexley (On Parkview Ave north of Broad, near Maryland Ave)
- Big Run, Clime St, South West Cbus (far back into the park, formally known as Derby Hill.
- Whetstone Park of Roses
- Marysville Reservoir (sledding & walking trail)
- Millcreek Park, Marysville (not posted on site but heard good for younger children)
**see sites to determine if their rinks are open and safe for skating
- Dublin's Coffman Park
- Blendon Woods, Westerville
- Roller Hockey Rink, Upper Arlington, See Thompson Park
- Alum Creek State Park (also snowmobiling)
- Battelle Darby Creek
Note that these are sled at your own risk and you are encouraged to check out the links to confirm that the rinks or hills are open.
NW Columbus Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in Columbus, Oh. We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, giveaways and more. We proudly serve families in Columbus, Dublin, Hilliard, Powell, West Clintonville, West Worthington, Grandview, Upper Arlington and Plain City! NW Columbus Macaroni Kid is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Have an event you'd like submitted to our calendar for consideration? Submit an event here. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for the 411 on local family fun! #CbusMacKid